Loving My Actual Life: An Experiment in Relishing What’s Right in Front of Me chronicles my nine-month experiment to accomplish exactly what the title says: loving my actual life a little more. Right here in the crazy busy throes of motherhood and daily, often mundane, responsibilities. Not the life I wish I had, or could have, but the one I actually have. I make small changes in a number of areas in order to see if that helps me meet my objective: to better enjoy the here and now. But this is not just a book about me. It is designed to help you, the reader, create your own experiment to love your actual life.
So what’s a “launch team”? It is a group of people who help get the word out about a new book. And the focus is right when the book releases.
Why do you need a launch team? Because the publishing world and the way we share about books is changing. The first few weeks of book sales are always critical. They show the book is promising and impacts all those logarithms that put the title in front of people. No longer are people reading the newspaper to hear about the newest read. They are looking on their Facebook feed and reading Amazon reviews (oh and still talking in real life with conversations they say and don’t type, that still happens too.) So it’s a way to get the word out about the book right when it is in release mode. To catapult it into the world.
What qualifies someone to be on a launch team?
- They can read.
- They can talk (or type) about what they read.
What you will receive as a member of the Loving My Actual Life Launch Team:
- A complimentary, pre-release e-book copy of Loving My Actual Life: An Experiment in Relishing What’s Right in Front of Me.
- Membership in a private Facebook group with me and other Launch Team members.
- An opportunity to win 10 paperback copies to duplicate the experiment with your group of friends or blog readers.
- Chances to win other fun give-aways for you or your group.
As a member of the Loving My Actual Life Launch Team you agree to:
- Write a brief and honest review on Amazon or some other e-tailer site (BN.com, ChristianBooks.com, etc.).
- Help spread the word about the book in any way you can, to your existing platform and beyond, during and leading up to the week of May 1st. This means real life friends (MOPS group, MOMSnext group, Bible Study, church group, carpool partners, room moms, whoever you are in conversation with) and virtual friends (who I realize may also be your real life friends) through sharing on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, GoodReads with the hashtag #LovingMyActualLife.
- Share ideas with me and the rest of the launch team as we brainstorm additional ways we might further expose the message of loving our God-given, actual lives to an even greater audience. All ideas are welcome.
- If you’re a blogger or podcaster write or talk about the book through that platform (and if you’re not we still want you). And please let me know via email or Twitter what you’re up to so that I can promote your content via social media.
But we have limited spots, so there’s an application process of sorts (way more formal than I tend to be, but limits are making it so.) Here’s what I need from you:
Thanks for reading to this point. If you are interested I want to hear from you.